Rapid test for the screening urinary infections. It contains the following advantages:
- Minimum time and cost. Only one minute to perform a single test, no additional analysis on the negative samples.
- Can be reported immediately negative samples, 75% of the samples of non-hospitalized patients.
- One screening fast accurate and economical: you can devote more resources to the positive samples.
- Sensitivity 98.2%, specificity of 96.1% and VPN of 99.3% (the negative predictive value).
- Easy to transport and long shelf life.
- It can replace and enhance traditional methods.
- Urine samples that have pyuria, hematuria, are reported as positive therefore available for another study.
- It does not require incubation.
Rapid test for screening of urine infections.